Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My own experiences with communication technologies







I started to use new communication technologies from earlier years of my life, when my parents bought me my first mobile phone. It was so big, expensive, and not comfortable. However, at that time my mobile phone was my favorite thing. The main aim of starting using mobile phone at that age was communication with parents.






By the time I was 10, I had my first computer, and started using google, and other sites, which were suitable for school. I relly liked it, and learn my younger sisters how to use computer and internet. Few years later I have accumulated accounts in several websites. Such us: vkontakte(is the same like facebook, but on russian language). In my opinion, facebook is much better, and I have an account there too. However, all my friends in Russia, usually use russian version rather than english.






I remember that day, when my friend showed me Youtube. I was shocked, that everything you want to see, can be on this web site. So, first week I spent nights with my laptop, watching video. In addition, i started to use vimeo, cause there are a lot of interesting things too.






The big experience of communication technologies I have had when I studied in UK, in 2008.



I studied there one year and missed my parents and friend so much. So, I started to use Skype, and other programs to communicate with them.






Month ago, since I came to Brisbane at Griffith University, I started to use twitter. I was surprised, when my lecturer on News and Politics, says that we should register on twitter to contact with her, and other students. First time at twitter I can't understand the system how its work. However, after two days, I got used how to use it properly, and use it everyday.






To conclude, communication technologies play an important role in my life.
Every day, I starting my day with the checking my e-mail, twitter, facebook and other sites.



So, I started to use communication technologies to keep in touch with my parents and my friends. However, now I'm using communication technologies to find new frieds, and swap my ideas with people.

the end







No comments:

Post a Comment