Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Search engines

Everyone knows that the famous search engine among many of the internet users is “Google”. However there are many others engines other than “Google”. It is very interesting why are people using just Google?

I have asked my parents and my friends: Which search engines do you usually use, and why? Most of them answered that they know that they can found everything in Google, with the short amount of time, rather than they will search it somewhere else. Also, they say that Google is the most famous, modernised and advertised search engine. The next reason, which my sister said, is that she uses Google, because she has Gmail, and it is easier for her to use Google.
There are just some of evidences, why some people use Google.


However, I haven’t got my favourite search engine. I use many of them. Usually,
I’m using search engines like Yahoo!, Google, msn or altavista. However, I don’t know the reason, why I’m using Yahoo! more often than others engines. I think the main reason for that is that this was my first search engine in my life. I have used it first time at school when I was at 5th grade. I think I just get used to it.


When I had prepared Scavenger Hunt questions, it was not so difficult not to use Google, but it was difficult not to use Wikipedia. I think mainly because, all the answers on questions were in Wikipedia, when I have a look it.

No comments:

Post a Comment